Oct 26, 2008

Celebration of Spring - miniature mosaic

Celebration of spring, by Shannon Fleet, (Morganna)

2.5" X 3.5" Recycled, paper mosaic.
This is another one of those mosaics made from recycled catalog and magazine. I am also obsessed with masks.

This one is my favorite of all the miniature mosaics. I took special care with planning, and working this out.

The meaning behind the name, It was the end of a really miserable winter. Well, after creating this, the spring turned out to be the worst I've ever had, but the thought and celebration was nice while it lasted. If I waited any longer, I could not have created this.


4 comments:

Odd Chick said...

Fantastic!!! are even the leaves paper?? I can't imagine how you did this but I love that you created something so fascinating for us to see.

Morganna said...

Thank you, Odd Chick! Yes the leaves are paper from a garden magazine. It's all trash! lol.

I figured I'd post someday soon with the entire process, kind of like a tutorial, was waiting for a better way to protect them though. But, the short answer is, a tooth pick, and a pair of curved toe nail scissors. :)

Barb Hartsook said...

First of all, I love the story behind the mosaic as well as the finished piece.

Second, as I was sorting through some of my materials in the store-room, I came across a can I bought I-don't-know-how-long-ago, and thought of you. It's made by Krylon, called "Make It Acid-Free" and is used to protect, among other things, newsprint, glossy papers, tickets, etc. Anything you might use from the trash to create art! Maybe this is your answer, and you can get on with writing your tutorial. Yippee for the rest of us! :)

Morganna said...

Wow, thank you, Barb! I'm going to research that stuff! If it works, then I have my answer with the mosaics!

This is pretty exciting! I have an old tutorial written, I need to revise it and find all of my example pics that are supposed to go with it. Shoot, I need to get on that. :D Thanks again for your help!

Morganna