Oct 1, 2008

Bacchante

Bacchante, after Jean Léon Gérôme, by Shannon Fleet. (Morganna) 

Of all the drawings I've done, this is by far my favorite, and it was one of the hardest drawings I've ever created. This was my homage to one of my favorite artists, Jean Léon Gérôme, after my favorite painting The Bacchante. This was why it was so hard for me, my sheer admiration for the original had greatly intimidated me through the whole process. 

I created this on toned, grey charcoal paper, with charcoal, graphite, and white pastel. The size is 2.5" X 3.5". 



5 comments:

customtrains.org said...

Great tone. Effective light and shadow.

Morganna said...

Thanks :)

Graham said...

Very rarely going through blogs does something totally grab my attention. That is a beautiful, beautiful drawing. So much life and elegance to it.

adifferentstory said...

Wow morgie I now know why you love working on textured paper. This is just truly beautiful.

Morganna said...

Wow, thanks you guys! <3

I really appreciate your comments! :)