Oct 7, 2008

Artist Spotlight: Pat O'Neill

Pat O'Neill hails from the UK, and works primarily in encaustic painting and quilting. You can find her many beautiful quilts at one of her Etsy shops, Preciousquilts . For many years she has dabbled in different art mediums, ranging from water colors, drawing, and acrylics. Encaustics have captured her heart, and has become her primary painting medium.

Storm over Lagoon
6" x 4" Medium, Encaustic. I love the rolling sky in this piece, and the contrast with the bright green waters of the lagoon! I always post my favorite first, and this one strikes me. This painting is available.








Water Cavern
11" x 8" Medium, encaustics. I don't know where this cavern is, but I sure would love to live there! This piece is luminous, and glitters in your eyes. It's too bad this one is unavailable, but it's one of her finer works. I've said it before, you don't know encaustics until you've seen them in person, and this one must shine. In the artists collection. Unavailable.





Fairies Darting
2.5" X 3.5" Medium, encaustic. Available.






















A Journey Below
11" x 8" Medium, encaustic. Available.

















Awakening #1
11" x 8", Medium, encaustic. Available.

















Pat O'Neill was also in the Etsy Weekly Winners Challenge week 22/9 and came in second place!

She is also a member of the Beeswax team!Beeswax Team.com

If you are interested in purchasing any of the available paintings, visit Pat's Etsy shop for more information: On A Whimsey original encaustic art

Visit her website at: http://onawhimsey.com/

Pat's quilt blog, http://preciousquilts.blogspot.com/

And, her art blog, http://onawhimsey.wordpress.com/

Thank you, Pat for letting me show off your work! I hope you guys enjoy the art, and If your interested in me showing you off, check this post for more information. Looking for a few good artists

Morganna

9 comments:

Kary said...

I Love Pat's work!! How wonderful for her to be 'spotlighted' here~~ YAY!!!

Chauncey said...

Wonderful blog post on a really fabulous artist!

ZudaGay said...

Great feature!! Pat's work is wonderful!!

Judy Nolan said...

What lovely paintings you've selected. Pat does fantastic work!

Morganna said...

Thanks guys! It was my pleasure to show off Pat's work, her paintings are beautiful!

AltheaP said...

Lovely blog about one of my favorite Etsians.

On a Whimsey said...

Wow, I feel so humbled by your wonderful remarks!!! Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you to Morganna for the chance of showing my work to the wider world!
xx

adifferentstory said...

Lovely work Pat. I dabble in encaustic art myself.

Morganna said...

Your very welcomed pat! :)